ETA movement - Часовой форум Watch.ru

Вернуться назад   Часовой форум Watch.ru > English forum
Регистрация | Забыли пароль?

English forum

English part of Watch.ru Forum. All messages in English, please.
Ответ

Опции темы
Старый 24.10.2014, 11:08
jonh112 jonh112 вне форума  
Новичок

Поблагодарили 13 раз(а) в 4 сообщениях
ETA movement

do you know the ETA movement in his history. I want to share the article I saw fron this. http://www.watchtalkforum.com/topic/...n-eta-history/. if I had something wrong to share the useful information, please informed me. thanks for the reading. and I really appreciated this forum to enlighten me. I was newbie about watch, and now I know more watch knowledge.
Эти 6 пользователей сказали Спасибо! jonh112 за это сообщение:
Dtorubar (24.10.2014), Hadwatch (03.08.2015), igorIV (24.10.2014), sedovva (25.10.2014), ultarior (29.10.2014), Андрей Крукович (24.10.2014)
Старый 25.10.2014, 13:19
sedovva sedovva вне форума  
Форумчанин

Поблагодарили 1,473 раз(а) в 404 сообщениях
Thanks for sharing, John112. Your profile says that you're from Canada. Sorry to hear about those attacks, man.
Yes, it is kinda quiet here, but if you have something you'd like to share or some questions, please do so. Some members of this forum are extremely knowledgable when it comes to watches, but not many speak English, so it might take few extra steps interpreting back and forth.
And yes, welcome!
Старый 29.11.2014, 02:14
Oto han Oto han вне форума  
Форумчанин

Поблагодарили 126 раз(а) в 39 сообщениях
ETA INTRODUCTION AND DEVELOPMENT TROUGH THE TIME

DEAR ALL,

ITS really very strange that always Im hearing from the people ETA that is very low value and not good quality movement and the brands which are carry them also not for watch passionate people,

Sorry I will be not agree with them because if anybody of them know that all of them

To illustrate the differences in accuracy garnered by the successive grades, consider the following specifications:

NOW we are talking about ETA 2824-2

the Standard grade is adjusted in two positions with an average rate of +/-12 seconds/day, with a maximum daily variation of +/-30 seconds/day;
the Elaborated grade is adjusted in three positions with an average rate of +/-7 seconds/day, with a maximum daily variation of +/-20 seconds/day;
while the Top grade is adjusted in five positions with an average rate of +/-4 seconds/day, with a maximum daily variation of +/-15 seconds/day.

AND IF WE ARE TALKING ABOUT ETA ITS A result of successive consolidation of the Swiss watch industry, a combination of several former Swiss watch movement manufacturers including Valjoux, Peseux [1] and Lemania.

In 1856 at Grenchen, Urs Schild, a schoolmaster, and Dr. Girard set up a watch movement (ébauche) factory which eventually became Eterna. In 1926, ETA AS (the movement branch of Eterna, founded in 1896) and FHF (founded in 1793) took part in the creation of Ebauches Ltd. In 1978 AS and ETA merged and in 1985 ETA took in all the activities done before by Ebauches Ltd and FHF (both part of SMH/Swatch Group).[2]

SSIH was founded in 1930 through the amalgamation of Omega and Tissot. By consolidating companies that produced high-quality movements and a number of watch brands, SSIH gradually established a strong position in the Swiss watch industry.

At the time, both SSIH and ASUAG held a number of well-established Swiss watch brands. ASUAG had been founded in 1931. ASUAG expanded through the purchase of companies that made movement-blanks and a number of finished watch manufacturers that were subsequently brought together under the subsidiary General Watch Co (GWC).

In the 1930s, both ASUAG and SSIH entered into complementary research and development programs to combat a severe economic crisis. Following repeated crises in the Swiss watch industry, by the 1970s both ASUAG and SSIH were again in trouble. Foreign competition and the mass production of cheap new electronic products were taking over the market. Eventually, both ASUAG and SSIH faced bankruptcy.

In 1983, critical steps including the merger of ASUAG and SSIH into SMH and the launching of a low-cost, high-tech, artistic and emotional “second watch” - the Swatch. Invented, developed and launched by Ernst Thomke and his team.[3]

During all those years of crisis, and restructuring, since 1978, Dr. Ernst Thomke had been at the helm of ETA SA, and also had become CEO of Ebauches SA and appointed on the Board of Directors of ASUAG. He became SMH's first CEO, position he held until 1991. At that time, Nicolas G. Hayek, as newly elected Chairman of the Board and main shareholder had already become the only person of reference.

In 1998, Swiss Corporation for Microelectronics and Watchmaking Industries Ltd (Société de Microélectronique et d'Horlogerie or SMH), founded in 1983 through the merger Swiss watchmakers ASUAG and SSIH, was renamed the Swatch Group.
Эти 2 пользователей сказали Спасибо! Oto han за это сообщение:
rafy1 (25.10.2016), sedovva (05.12.2014)
Старый 06.09.2016, 03:48
Dan Allen Dan Allen вне форума  
Временно заблокирован | Temporarily blocked

Поблагодарили 2 раз(а) в 2 сообщениях
Thanks for sharing.
Старый 19.09.2016, 21:23
WATCHGEEKTIME WATCHGEEKTIME вне форума  
Новичок

Поблагодарили 0 раз(а) в 0 сообщениях
Some good content. Thank you.

Опции темы