Vacheron Constantin Patrimony ref 81180 Limited Edition for Rabat - Часовой форум Watch.ru

Вернуться назад   Часовой форум Watch.ru > Швейцарские часы > Vacheron Constantin
Регистрация | Забыли пароль?

Vacheron Constantin

Форум о часах Vacheron Constantin.
Ответ

Опции темы
Старый 19.01.2016, 19:56
serg70 serg70 вне форума  
Форумчанин

Поблагодарили 5,986 раз(а) в 1,174 сообщениях
Vacheron Constantin Patrimony ref 81180 Limited Edition for Rabat

Как-то ранее прошло незамеченным - VC сделали лимитку 81180 в честь открытия барселонского бутика семьи Рабат
Ниже текст про эту серию

Vacheron Constantin Patrimony ref 81180 Limited Edition for Rabat

The opening of the new Rabat boutique in Barcelona (see my report in HOME forum: www.watchprosite.com was deserving a commemorative piece. And it was not a big surprise for me to learn that Vacheron Constantin would release one. Why? Simply because Barcelona is the birthplace of Juan-Carlos Torres and he couldn't miss such opportunity to make a kind of tribute to his city.

The limited edition is made of 1 platinum, 5 white gold and 20 pink gold watches. These three versions are based on the Patrimony Reference 81180 which features a 40mn case, a two-hand dial and a handwind movement. They all share in common the same engraved caseback depicting the dragon (or the salamander) of the entrance fountain of the Park Güell. I'm sure you know this multicolored salamander if you visited Barcelona! Like any tourist, you wished to put your hand inside its mouth! It is one of the symbols of Barcelona and one of the most famous works from Gaudi. I wondered what could have been the ideal inspiration for the engraving in this context. And finally, taking into account the proximity of the boutique with the Pedrera, the "Gaudi" atmosphere which is easily palpable, the choice of the salamander seems to be the right one even if the Park Güell is a bit far from Passeig de Gracia.

The decision to use the reference 81180 as the basis for the limited edition also seemed to be appropriate. This two hands watch is the epitome of elegance even though I tend to find it a bit big for its original purpose. With a 40mm diameter, the case is indeed impressive for a relatively pure dial which has no second hand. Fortunately, Vacheron Constantin designers worked to reduce the empty area by extending the indexes length. The case is thin (6,79mm) without being an extra flat one and it manages to avoid the "fried egg" on the wrist effect

The other benefit to use this reference is obviously the solid caseback which is required for the engraving. This solid caseback is more than welcome since the movement that powers the watch is the caliber 1400 featuring a 4hz frequency and a power reserve of around 40 hours. With an own diameter of 20,65mm, it is in fact too small for the case. The solid caseback and the absence of the second hand on the dial side however manages to hide this discrepancy. And what is the most important for a handwind watch is achieved here: the feeling while winding the movement is nice despite the relatively small crown.
The originality of the watch lies in the salamander engraving. I love the contrast between the contour lines that define the shapes and the more subtle and less marked lines that create the mosaic effect. The color scheme is fundamental for Gaudi's creation. But I found well through the engraving the complexity of the original model. I also appreciated the fact that there is no mention to Rabat on the caseback. Only "Gaudi Barcelona" and the limited edition number are indicated in addition to the traditional references and punches.It may be a detail but it shows that the LE is more a tribute to Barcelona than a Rabat watch even if only available in the Rabat boutiques. And I really like this.

The Platinum Version (therefore an unique piece) offers a silver dial while the white gold version is distinguished by its slate-colored dial. It is the opposite (if I'm not wrong) to what is available in the permanent collection. The pink gold version uses its usual opaline dial.
If this limited edition is not really surprising, the nod to Gaudi an to Barcelona contributes to its charm. Juan-Carlos Torres could not miss this opportunity, through the opening of the new Rabat boutique, to pay this tribute. The natural elegance of the Patrimony and the boldness of the Gaudi's work which is expressed by the theme of the engraving combine with harmony like the multiple facets of Barcelona. In any case, beyond the interests of this limited edition, Vacheron Constantin demonstrates its support to one of its dealers by accompanying its ambition of growth with a dedicated watch released for the opening of a new point of sale.

Pros:
+ the simplicity and elegance of the Patrimony 81180
+ the slate dial of the white gold version
+ the theme of the engraving
+ the very limited number of pieces available in platinum and white gold (1 + 5)

Cons:
- a somewhat inert dial
- a rather large case size for an elegant watch
Ответ