Help needed key dates for Molnija 3602/3 - Часовой форум Watch.ru

Вернуться назад   Часовой форум Watch.ru > English forum
Регистрация | Забыли пароль?

English forum

English part of Watch.ru Forum. All messages in English, please.
Ответ

Опции темы
Старый 22.05.2013, 16:20
Rowley Rowley вне форума  
Новичок

Поблагодарили 7 раз(а) в 1 сообщении
Help needed key dates for Molnija 3602/3

I'm hoping to establish important dates in the manufacture and development of the Molnija 3602/3 movement.

Searching for information on internet watch forums and eBay I am reasonably confident that ..

The design and tooling for the 3602 was purchased by the USSR shortly after the end of the Great Patriotic War. The 15 jewel movement was finished to a high standard and housed in a slim 43mm case with art deco design on the rear cover.

There were two factories producing the movement - Moscow Watch Factory No.2 and a new factory in Chelyabinsk (11-1947).

At some point all production of this movement by MWF No.2 ended.

The earliest date I have found for MWF No.2 is third quarter 1948 (3-48). The last date I have found on a 15 jewel movement is 4-65 made in Chelyabinsk.

The Chelyabinsk watch factory logo was changed in 1964.

The Chelyabinsk factory ceased production in November 2007.

What I am hoping to find out is ....

When the jewel count was increased from 15 to 17/18 ?

When the 43mm slim case was replaced by 50mm open face and Hunter cases ?

I do not speak Russian or trust online interpreter software (e.g English saying "out of sight, out of mind" translated to Mandarin became "invisible idiot") and would appreciate help to make a request for information to a Museum/library or local newspaper in Chelyabinsk. There must be many people who worked for Molnija still living in Chelyabinsk.

Billy
Ответ